Bellingen Shire Council response to the coronavirus
Updated 28 June 2021
This page provides the Bellingen Shire community with information about coronavirus (COVID-19). For the latest COVID-19 updates, alerts and resources, please visit the NSW Health website
June 2021 update
On 26 June 2021, in response to fresh coronavirus outbreaks, the NSW Government introduced new restrictions in regional areas. These restrictions apply to Bellingen Shire and include the following:
- Visitors to households will be limited to 5 guests – including children;
- Masks will be compulsory in all indoor non-residential settings, including workplaces, and at organised outdoor events;
- Drinking while standing at indoor venues will not be allowed;
- Singing by audiences at indoor shows or by congregants at indoor places of worship will not be allowed;
- Dancing will not be allowed at indoor hospitality venues or nightclubs;
- Dancing will be allowed at weddings, but only for the wedding party (no more than 20 people);
- Dance and gym classes limited to 20 per class (masks must be worn);
- The one person per four square metre rule will be re-introduced for all indoor and outdoor settings, including weddings and funerals;
- Outdoor seated events will be limited to 50% seated capacity.
The restrictions will be in place until midnight on 9 July 2021, unless extended or repealed earlier. See NSW Health Public Health Orders and Restrictions
Impact on Council services and events
Council is making every effort to maintain its usual services in line with NSW Public Health Orders. However, some services and events have been affected.
Opening hours are as follows:
- Monday to Friday 10:00am - 2:00pm
- Customer Service staff are available by phone on 02 6655 7300 during normal business hours.
Visitor Information Centres
The Visitor Information Centres at both Bellingen and Dorrigo are currently closed. The Urunga Visitor Information Centre remains open.
Councillor candidate briefing sessions
The Councillor candidate briefing sessions scheduled for Thursday 8 and Friday 9 July will now be delivered online instead of in Council Chambers. For more information click here.
Council meetings and public forums
For Council meeting information, see Ordinary meeting dates, agendas and minutes
Support for business
For information on how Council can support your business, see Support for your business during COVID-19
In 2020, the NSW Government postponed the local government election due to be held in September 2020 for 12 months. The election will now be held in September 2021. Bellingen Shire Council’s current Mayor and Councillors will continue to hold their civic offices until this time.
More coronavirus information
For the latest information on coronavirus, visit: